Garages are some of the best rooms to build and use in a house, as they are somewhere between a room in the actual house and a throw-away storage area you can do anything you want in. If you spill paint on the floor of your home, it’s a big deal; if you spill paint on the floor of your garage, it doesn’t really matter. So pre-planning unique designs for your garage–storage space, room for cars or games or maybe a workout area–can be a rewarding experience, as a garage can be anything you want it to be.
- If you plan on spending a lot of time in your garage, it might be a good idea to plan on insulating it from both hot and cold conditions. Once you have your floor plan set, see how much more it will cost to insulate the walls and the roof of the garage. Also look into heating and cooling appliances for the garage itself. It doesn’t have to be anything extensive, but if you’re planning on making your garage a main work space or somewhere you’ll spend a significant amount of time, it’s important you’re comfortable while you’re there. You should contact a professional to determine exactly what kind of insulation you’ll need in your space. The folks at Capital Construction Contracting Inc note that “roofers can help homeowners sort through the options and choose one based upon whether the garage is attached or detached and has an attic space or not.” All of these factors are important to weigh when deciding on how to insulate your garage.
- For some reason, there is very little lighting in most garages, and the space ultimately suffers for this because we naturally don’t like to go digging around in dark spaces. Sure, a garage is supposed to be your low-maintenance anything-goes room, but what’s the point if you can’t see anything? Simple hanging bulbs in a couple of places or screw-in light bulb outlets hanging from the rafters equally spaced around the garage should provide ample light, depending on the size and dimensions of your space.
Storage Area Space
- Plan for storage space in your garage. Consider adding a second story consisting of little more than support beams and a wooden floor that can hold enough weight to support you and everything you need to store away (so maybe a lot). Or cordon off an area of the garage floor space for storage. Build shelves and cubbies, places where everything can be efficiently stored and organized so that the garage doesn’t become a black hole of things you might need someday.
Garages can be built in a number of sizes and layouts. The most common variety is the two-car garage, although three-car garages are become the norm in newer high end homes.
Typical Two-Car Garage
- The average two-car garage is 20-by-20 feet for a total square footage of 400 square feet. This size is the most commonly used definition of a two-car garage by city and county requirements. A garage this size will have a 16-foot door. While fairly common, this size is considered the minimum and is fairly small.
- Designers of high-end homes typically include a larger garage when building new homes. These houses often have a garage that is 26 feet wide and 24 feet deep. These garages often have two 8- or 9-foot doors instead one larger one, but one large door is not uncommon.
- A three-car garage offers not only an extra parking space but often extra storage for lawn mowers and other equipment as well. The typical range of a three-car garage is 32 to 36 feet wide by 24 to 28 feet deep. A three-car garage typically has one small 8- or 9-foot door and a larger two-car stall.
History of the Garage
- Early garages were nothing more than converted carriage houses that had previously been used to house horses and carriages. As cars become more common, outbuildings designed specifically to house them became the norm. The word “garage” originates from the French word “garer,” meaning to park.
History of Garage Doors
- Early garage doors were basically barn doors. They opened outward, which could be inconvenient when the ground was covered in snow. Sliding track doors replaced these barn doors, and in 1921 the overhead door was invented by C.G. Johnson. The door lifted up and folded parallel to the garage floor. In 1926 C.G. Johnson also invented the automatic garage opener.
Hosting a yard sale is a good way to rid your house of unwanted items and make some extra cash. Going to yard sales is a popular weekend hobby for many Americans looking to find deals and treasures. Being properly prepared for your yard sale will ensure a smooth, profitable event.
- Add storage space in your garage with ceiling-mounted shelving, hooks and hangers. You can design the width and height of your ceiling shelves with metal bars attached to the ceiling joists and connected crossways with metal racks and braces. Adjustable bars give you height options based on the type of storage you need. Overhead shelves provide out-of-the way storage for holiday decorations and other large items like coolers and camping equipment. You can also find mechanically adjustable storage that you can raise and lower, as needed. Design your overhead shelving out of the way of the garage door opener. Metal hooks and hangers should also hang from the ceiling joists for storing ladders, bicycles or anything else that will hang vertically from the ceiling.
- Vertical storage, like cabinets and shelves, offers easy accessibility for items you use frequently. Consider a work space with closed storage underneath, combined with tall, vertical shelving racks on one or both ends. You can also store your bikes vertically with a special floor-to-ceiling rack for up to four bikes, stacked two high. Design your vertical storage based on the available space in your garage after you park the car. Make sure the depth of your cabinets or the placement of your bike pole does not prevent you from parking your car and opening its doors. Also make sure it does not interfere with closing the garage door.
- One of the simplest storage solutions in your garage is pegboard. You can run it around the perimeter of the room, in the center of the wall, or run it from the top of your work space to the ceiling. Paint the pegboard to add color and style to your garage space easily with alkyd primer and acrylic paint. If you begin with white pegboard, you don’t need to prime it. Tape off a geometric design with painter’s tape for added interest or paint it one solid color, whatever suits your garage design style. Select hooks for the pegboard to fit your storage
An overhead bridge crane is kind of crane which is usually used in industrial environment. It is specially used for either maintenance applications and manufacturing. It is functioned in the steel refinement and other metals like copper and aluminium. Having smart features, overhead bridge crane utilizes the current technology to increase the safety and productivity of a factory. Cranes are such a useful thing for human because it can make their work become easy and quick as they expect. It can lift, even a very heavy thing, onto truck or pour raw materials into a furnace. The automobile industry also uses overhead cranes to move raw materials in the factory. There are 4 types of overhead bridge cranes, they are:
· Single Girder Top Running
Single girder cranes are very famous because the cost purchases are assessed the most effective for capacities up to 20 tons and 60 till 80 ft. spans. Even, there are some stores which provide single girder cranes up to 15 tons capacities and span up to 120 ft by utilizing the box girder technology. It consists of the reduced wheel loads which is mixed with the very low headroom standard hoists to provide outstanding value.
· Double Girder Top Running
If you need crane with capacity up to 100 ft and 10 tons spans, you can have double girder bridge crane as your best choice because it requires high speeds and heavy service which is so ideal. With that capacity, the crane can be utilized in high hook lift. It is also completed with special features like walkways, magnet cable reels, crane lights, cabs, and any other special devices.
· Single Girder Under Running
The standard capacity of single girder under running is 10 tons, however, some cranes are designed to load up to 25 tons and 60 ft. spans. it supplies excellent approaches, such as, close headroom, interlocking cranes and a full range of free standing system.
· Double Girder Under Running
The provided capacity is up to 15 ton and around 200 ft. spans. It is such kind of multi-runway cranes.to handle many more stuffs.
Media consumption like television, movies, music, video games, and the internet among our children is at an all time high. Children are exposed to the internet and television at home and at school. It is the teacher's responsibility to ensure your child surfs the web safely or views no offensive films in class, but when the kids come home it's up to you- the parent- to guide your children through the jungles of the media.
For many people it would seem as if today's standards for entertainment have been lowered. Some would argue that because parents have the ability to automatically filter and block inappropriate material adults should have easier access to questionable programming.
Parental control has been created for protecting your children from the bad influence from televisions, computers, DVD players and other electronic devices. The point of these controls is not a substitute for parent supervision, but rather a tool that can be used to combat the overwhelming number of questionable materials that can be easily accessed.
The feature usually includes television parental controls, gaming systems and media players and the home computer that utilizes website blocker. With media all around us it's easy for many of us parents to forget that we must closely watch what our children absorb. Even programs that parents find suitable for their kids may not be appropriate for yours. Parental controls are useful tool in monitoring our children, but they are no substitute for the guidance and lessons parents can teach their children.
Parental control software remains a useful tool to monitor your child's online activity and at the same time block inappropriate content. The fact that you are an adult does not necessarily mean you like to view offensive content, so the software can also be utilized to block offensive content on sites you often visit.
Parents and guardians consider the 'parental control software' as a great boon since it helps them to restrict the children as to which programs, games and web contents they can use or view. In parental control, there are special restriction features that the parents can use and they can also set a time limit of when their children are allowed to play web games or use the computer. Not only that, there is also child locator that helps you to keep track of your child’s whereabouts in real-time, know where they have been as well as get alerted when your children enter dangerous neighborhoods, come to school, leave home or cross a geo-fence.
If you want to use parental control software, you need to use it responsibly, especially if you install it on a computer that is shared by several members of your household. The trustworthy members of the family need to be aware of the software and the need to have administrator privileges to disable the software before working on the computer.
Students are particularly on tenterhooks when sitting for their board exams. An uncertain future beckons them and also they are sitting for their first major examinations. They are confused and no amount of contemplation would help them to find out the right course to reach their career goals. This is the time for them to seek professional advice by visiting various career fairs and career seminars. They might even give career counseling a serious thought, as one false step can tantamount to, nothing short of a disaster!
The Next Step of Action
Immediately stream after 10 exams preparing for the class XII becomes important as this is the time they would be able to choose their stream. As per their interests and inclinations they prepare themselves to follow a career course which would let them reach their respective goals. An unwavering focus is very much needed as this would give them right impetus to propel their career in the right direction. Apart from long and detailed discussions with their peers and guardians the students should be careful enough to cater to their individuality and not follow their friends blindly as that would be indeed professional hara-kiri in the true sense of the word!
Plunging into Career
There are many who are sorted enough to choose a career best suited for themselves, but for most confusion reigns supreme, as nowadays there are far too many lucrative career options. But would someone choose a stream just because it would lead them to plum career prospects? For instance someone who is creatively inclined would he/she would be successful in a career in science? “But I did get above 90% in mathematics so I should be choosing engineering”! A confused teenager might argue! But the student gets much happiness when she resorts to her creative inclinations. So she does not know herself! She does not possess much clarity in her thought process. Might be true but what about her parents are they also echoing similar thoughts? Why so? They are experienced people so why are they doing the most obvious thing and not fighting against clichés? The parents are mostly dictated by social stereotypes and conventions and cannot break away from them. This is the time for proper planning which would invariably give them a satisfying and fulfilling career.
A Career Counselor to the Rescue
A student plagued by indecisions could get the help of career counselors who would design scientifically oriented tests to test the innate skills of the students and find out what is their inclination and interests or which stream they should choose for a suitable career. Psychometric tests are a good way to test students and prepare them for their career. These perfectly designed tests can test your skill, your aptitude. These tests can also find out whether you are gregarious, extrovert or introvert. These tests can even catch you if you are pretending to be something else when actually you are quite opposite to what you are portraying.
There are options galore to choose from whichever field you choose be it Arts Science or Commerce. If you pursue Arts there are a number of options awaiting you, besides being in the education field and opting for a noble profession like teacher or professor, there’s advertising, journalism and a plethora of other options. In science also besides also they can take up medical engineering and be a scientist. In commerce they can choose management or chartered accountancy. But these are the most obvious career choices. Nowadays the unconventional career choices are ruling the roost and catering to the eclectic career choices of career aspirants. You can be a successful entrepreneur or a fashion designer or a hair stylist and not only earn money but also be among the cynosure of many.
Find a Footing
Be fearless. You might find certain careers intimidating but still pursue it because you are fit for it. Never harbor fear, false premonitions about certain career. You should be true to yourself and even if there are certain false perceptions surrounding a career unleash your doggedness to seek the career of your dreams and do it however much you are persuaded against to follow it. It will be your determination, your relentless pursuit which would set you apart from the teeming millions. Fearlessness is a rare trait to have, nourished it with dollops of confidence and it would take you far.
A career is for lifetime so invest your time toil hard and give it your all, so that you can aim high and reach that coveted top position as well. The beginning can be tumultuous but once you get a strong footing, your mind ready to accept any challenges coming your way things could only better. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you greater than any obstacle.” Christian D Larson’s motivational thought should steer you forward and make you all agog and ready for the impending hurdles.
While this may not seem like a bad problem to have, it can indeed lead to issues when you have more vehicle than you planned on having are running out of ways to keep them all in good shape. Generally, the main problem people have comes with storing their cars, as most are only designed to store maybe three or four cars at the most, and for anyone who lives in a city it's hard enough parking one car let alone more than that. Here are some solutions to the problem of having more cars than you can handle:
Build a garage
If you've got the land and the money then the ideal solution is to build your own garage. for some people this might be a second free-standing unit on their property that can be used exclusively for storing and working on cars and trucks. it is important to select the right spot on your land for this garage because it will be housing some valuable items; make sure to avoid low-lying areas that could be prone to flooding as well as building amongst big old trees that might wipe out the structure if they were to fall in a storm. This website gives more info on avoiding flood and storm damage. The biggest advantage of this strategy is that you can custom designed the building to meet your needs, and it's not uncommon for a secondary garage to also include apartment above which can be used for many occasions especially if you have guests visiting from out of town.
Rent some space
Sometimes we just don't have space or time you construct our own garage. There is always than the option of renting space from someone else to help you store your extra vehicles. Most places have storage facilities nearby that will often have units with big enough doors to drive a normal sized car in or out for indoor storage. If this is not the case then they may also offer outdoor parking places so you can at least have a space for a vehicle and then cover it with a tarp for car cover so it is sheltered from the elements. It may even be worthwhile to ask around in your neighborhood to see if your neighbors have any extra parking space on their land that they might be willing to let you use either for free or for a small fee.
Thin the herd
This may be hard to consider, but it just might be time to get rid of some of your vehicles to create space so that the ones you do have all have a place to live. Everyone has one or two “project cars” that have never gotten off the ground, so maybe it’s time to let someone with a little more time or dedication take a crack at it. You could also use the money you make from selling off your little or unused vehicles to fund the cars that you spend most of your time working on.
Hopefully these tips will help you keep your growing family of vehicles well-cared for!
- Organize the clothes you want to sell into similar categories. You could group your clothes according to gender, type or size. Just make sure they are organized logically so that people can find what they’re looking for fairly quickly.
- Think bargain. Even if you paid a fortune for an outfit, people don’t usually come to a garage sale with the intention of spending a lot of money. Most garage sale clothing should be priced approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of the original price.
- Consider asking a little more for items of clothing that fall into any of the following categories: new with original tags, never worn, immaculate condition and dressy outfits.
- Count on asking less than average prices for items that have obvious wear or any stains.
- Sell items in a lot at a discounted price. For instance, if you’re nearing the end of your sale and you still have 10 “onesies” left, you might consider selling them all to one person for $5 rather than trying to sell each one for $1 apiece.
- Label your clothing clearly, either with adhesive price tags or with cardboard signs. This will keep you from having to answer many questions about pricing.
- Find garage designs that look appealing in home design books. Plan to build a two-two garage that harmonizes with the house design in every way. Keep in mind that a home’s resale value will be higher if the garage exterior and house exterior are both constructed of matching brick, for example. Try to build the garage so that it will look as if it’s always been in place, not built as an afterthought.
- Measure the allowable yard space for a garage. Make plans to build a garage with interior dimensions that are no less than 22 feet by 22 feet. Build a larger garage if it will not overpower the house and the budget will accommodate the extra square footage. Plan to add windows in the attic loft area, so that these will already be in place for construction in this space later on. Add windows now, since the cost during initial construction will be minimal.
- Sketch the roof shape to fit the home’s roof lines. Draw an A-frame, barn shaped roof or roof with multiple slopes and lines. Add dormer windows if the house has similar windows. Plan to build the bottom part of the garage with ceiling joists constructed as trusses, so they will serve as the flooring joists for a future room built in the attic space. Use trusses for the ceiling joists for the first-floor level, since this means no support posts will be required within the garage space.
- Create overhangs for the garage that match overhang spaces on the house. Sketch trim that harmonizes with the wood trim on the house in every respect. Add a walk-out door to the garage on the side next to the house. Plan to install double garage doors that will be installed side by side, or hang a large single door that is wide enough to accommodate two cars driving in. Use carriage doors, if this matches the home’s architecture.
- Draw all details of the garage on graph paper. Use hardware for garage doors and walk-out doors that fit the home’s design. Install colonial hinges on garage carriage doors, for example, if this fits the design of the house and its entry doors. Sketch the driveway and surrounding landscaping of the garage space on graph paper too. Make sure the garage looks proportionate with the house in all respects.
- Organize the items that you would like to sell. Start making a list at least one week in advance. Put stuff in a spare bedroom or somewhere where it will not interfere with your day-to-day activities. That way, everything will be in one location and easy to get to on the day of the sale.
- Place an ad in the paper or online. Advertising is key when having a garage sale to inform potential customers of the dates and times. You can place an ad in your local paper for a small fee. You can place an ad on Craigslist.org for free.
- Make price tags and gather tables. Do this the night before you have your garage sale. Also, organize any racks or other items that will hold the contents of your sale. Price tags are important. If you can finish most of them the night before, it will save you time.
- Get up early the day of the sale. Be up at least one to two hours before opening time. This will give you enough time to put everything together so you are prepared when customers start to show up. If you can get help from family or friends, that will save you time and energy.
- Be nice and courteous to all customers, even the rude ones. Try not to get too greedy. If you are offered a reasonable price, then take it, or you might not end up selling a lot of items. Any price is better than none.
Changing a two-car garage into a four-car garage must be done with care in order to add value to a home. The addition should not look obvious, or it can detract from the market value of the property. Making the expansion work well will require designing a roof line that harmonizes with the home’s architecture. Once the roof area is planned, it’s much easier to create the floor plan layout, walls and flooring of the added space. Matching exterior colors for walls and shingles is important as well.
- Gain ideas for expanding a garage by reviewing home design books. Examine various roof lines to see how to extend a roof line horizontally, build an A-frame roof to extend at a right angle from a typical ranch roof, or create a hip roof for the new part of the garage space. Keep in mind that a hip roof means the roof will have four sloping sides. Design the added garage area to look right in proportion to the rest of the house from many angles.
- Measure the allowable yard space for two additional garage stalls. Use these measurements to sketch a new addition that will extend the garage on one side, for example. Consider building an L-shaped addition with two additional roll-up garage doors accessible from a different driving direction. Plan to drive two more cars into the garage from the side or back of the house versus front curbside, for example.
- Construct a new foundation by digging a footing area to hold concrete. Use 2-by-10-inch lumber for building the footings. Lay two rows of cinder blocks, on top of the footings, to hold cinder block walls for the new addition. Leave an opening for car drive-in space when laying the two rows of cinder blocks. Lay metal gridwork in the floor area before having concrete poured for the floor area.
- Create the walls and roof areas. Lay cinder block walls and leave window openings. Build a framework for the roof area that will allow a central standing wall to be removed. Use metal support posts to sustain the new roof rafters and shift weight the removed wall once held. Add bricks to the exterior walls. Create overhangs and soffit areas, and add all gutters and downspouts. Cover the roof with 1/2-inch plywood and asphalt shingles.
- Add windows and doors. Install new windows that match those of the rest of the garage. Include a walk-out door, since a garage of this size will need an exit door for several reasons. Keep in mind that bringing tools, supplies or car items through a walk-out door will be handy. But install the door in case of fire as well. Use an electric screwdriver to install metal tracking for roll-up doors in the new garage stalls. Hang the new garage doors.
It’s pretty easy to attach a garage to a mobile home. And think how nice it will be to have a roof over your vehicle, plus the extra storage. You can attach a garage to your mobile home by following a few simple steps.
- Continue the current appearance of your mobile home as you marry it to the garage and keep everything structurally sound. A prefabricated garage is the best choice in that it matches the look of your mobile home.
- Maintain the appropriate structural integrity. Find out if your home can accommodate the load of the garage. If it is, you may integrate the garage with the home. Let the manufacturer know you intend to attach the prefabricated garage when you order so it is made with only three side panels.
- Keep the garage as a standalone unit if the mobile home cannot bear the extra load. If this is the case, you can make an attractive breezeway between the mobile home and the garage.
- View the foundation of the home. Prepare the foundation of the garage to be identical to that of the mobile home.
- Make the roof line of the garage even with that of the house. If the house and the new structure have different elevations, you must build up under the garage walls and place several steps inside the garage (or the breezeway) to enter the house from the garage.
- Discuss your plans with the manufacturer of the prefabricated garage. The staff will have specific instructions to follow when you attach to the house or build a breezeway to link them.
Adding a garage to your home increases space available, practical use of space as well as your resale value. Determining the purpose of the garage and exactly how you intend to use the space are critical in planning the garage. Then you’ll need to determine whether you’ll hire a contractor or build the garage yourself. While doing the construction yourself will save you plenty of money, be certain you can handle the challenges involved in building the project yourself.
How to Plan a Two-car Garage
- Determine how the space will be used. Will you be building a two-car garage to actually park two cars, or to park one and use the rest of the space for storage? Define what the garage will be used for specifically.
- Determine the real size required for your two-car garage. A bare minimum required size for a two-car garage is 18 feet wide by 22 feet long. However, the actual car sizes must be taken into consideration. For people parking a full-sized SUV the size required is considerable greater than for those parking compact cars. Garagehowto.com recommends 24 by 24 feet for two-car garages with ample door-opening room plus some storage.
- Decide your budget. According to costhelper.com, a two-car garage of 380 square feet will cost between $13,300 and $17,100 if you have a contractor build it for you. A do-it-yourself garage will run you at least $5,000 for materials.
- Choose the materials, keeping in mind how the garage fits with the rest of your home in appearance. If the garage doesn’t blend well with the rest of the house, your property value can be reduced.
- Consult with professionals. You may want to speak with a designer for your plans, a builder inspector to find out requirements for building permits in your area, and if you are hiring a contractor you’ll need estimates from at least a few before choosing one.
- Gather your neighbors for a meeting. You may want to start with your block or street. If you’re friendly and outgoing you may have already met and known some of them on first name basis. Drop an invitation in their mailboxes to come to your place at a given date and time to discuss having a block or neighborhood garage sale.
- Make sure your invitation will already give some ideas on what you want to discuss with them. Remember, their time is also precious so you would not want to waste them as much as possible. Indicate on the invitation you want to organize a garage sale for the block or neighborhood and that if they are interested they can come to your meeting to discuss details and logistics.
- During the meeting discuss things and tasks that are needed to be accomplished and assign each one.
- Decide on a date. It is advisable to have a garage sale on a sunny day, usually springtime. People tend to want to be outside more on a warm or sunny day; chances are you will have more foot traffic when you do it on a sunny day. Another thing to consider is doing it on a weekend instead of a weekday since most people go to work on weekdays and are off on weekends. This will be something everyone will have to agree on.
- Time frame. Consider the time frame in picking out the date for a neighborhood garage sale. If you will be putting out an advertisement, you may need time to submit it for publication. It is advisable to give at least a week’s notice and then have another one made for the day itself for people who read papers before going to garage sales.
- Placards and signs. Your neighborhood may want to hang signs and placards a few days before your scheduled garage sale. Remember to ask your local authority of any restrictions on putting up signs and placards on public areas. Some cities have strict ordinances, so be mindful of those.
Also if you put them up, you should be responsible to take them down. So remember the areas where you placed them for you may be issued a ticket for some sort of vandalism if you leave your signs and placards for days after the garage sale had passed. All of these are tasks that can be tasked, make sure that it is assigned during the meeting.
- Permit. Ask your local authority if you need a permit if the whole block or neighborhood will do a garage sale. If your area is known for high traffic, the influx of vehicles in your area may cause additional traffic and headaches to commuters. This is another task that can be assigned.
- Once you have cleared permits and done your advertisements, it is now time to prepare for the garage sale. Make sure your neighbors who will participate are aware of the things they can sell at a garage sale. Pretty much anyone can sell any of their personal items with the exception of few ones like firearms and illegal items like pirated videos and CDs. Also, ensure that your neighborhood is aware that what they sell should be limited to personal items only and not to use the garage sale to sell other things for profit, otherwise advise them that sales taxes may need to be filed.
- Advise the neighborhood to start marking their items with prices at least two nights before the scheduled garage sale. Tell them also to get their final set up ready by the crack of dawn. This way, you can start selling your items to the “early birds.”
- Advise your neighborhood to prepare a lot of extra cash on hand, preferably smaller bills and coins to use for change. Although most experienced garage sales hunters bring small dollar bills and plenty of cash with them, it would still be good to have enough on hand in case the buyers run out of small bills and they need to get them changed.
- Task different individuals for traffic flow enforcement. Ensure that the cars are not double-parked or parked illegally in areas that are clearly marked as no parking zones. Have someone hold signs to have cars slow down or stopsigns by the cross walk.
- Every family in each household can participate in selling their items. You can have a contest just for fun on who can sell their items faster or who can have more dollars in the end. Another way to get the family members involved is to setup a refreshment booth where drinks such as lemonade or bottled water and snacks such as homemade cookies can be sold. These booths can be manned by kids and adults alike. Kids can learn to value hard-earned money and teamwork at an early age if they are exposed to them early in life.
- Plan ahead. Read local print newspapers and online editions, and Craig’s List for garage sale announcements. Start your search early in the week because garage sales usually begin on Fridays and last through the weekend. You can find a lot of items quickly if you go to specific neighborhood sales instead of going to sales all across town.
- Go to sales in the affluent parts of town to maximize your chances of finding items that may be worth money.
- Go early. Most garage sales start in the morning, sometimes as early as 8 a.m. Arriving early ensures that you have first dibs on the best items.
- Bring plenty of cash. You don’t want to take valuable time convincing the seller to take a personal check. Most garage sale sellers only accept cash.
- Bring your cell phone to call a friend or family member for a second opinion on an item. You may also get an eBay application for your smartphone, allowing you to check on prices and research specific sales trends. Use your phone to search for specific items on the Web to determine how much other sellers are asking for items.
- Don’t be afraid to bargain or make offers. People have garage sales to get rid of their stuff. Make reasonable offers and be fair.
- Use the “cash in hand” technique. If you find something for $20, and think it is overpriced, you can approach the seller with $10 in your hand and say, “Hi, I am interested in that item over there. I only have $10 left, would you take that?” Seeing the cash, the seller usually takes it. The idea is to be reasonable. This technique usually works best later in the day when sellers are ready to close down their sales.
- Conduct some research on the eBay site to determine which items or products are popular sellers. Certain items sell better than others and knowing what to look for can really help you maximize your profits.
Designing an In-Law Suite in a Garage
- Consult a Realtor. Oftentimes the addition of extra living space is an added bonus for prospective buyers, but not necessarily at the expense of a garage, particularly in climates that receive an abundance of snow or severe weather. Talking with a real estate agent about what the conversion of a garage to an in-law suite will do to a property’s resale value is an important consideration for the future, and may determine whether or not you want to proceed with the project.
- Consult with a contractor, plumber, and electrician. Turning a garage into an in-law suite will likely require the addition of plumbing for a bathroom and kitchen. It could also require that extra square footage in the form of an addition be added in order to accommodate all of the features necessary to make the in-law suite a separate living quarter. Additional considerations are necessary if the individual residing in the suite needs it to be handicap accessible. A contractor will be able to inform you of the permits necessary for this type of construction in addition to the cost of the overall project.
- Choose a design plan. Consulting with more than one contractor can give you some options on how the reconfiguration will be done, or ask a contractor that you feel comfortable with for three different proposals. These should vary in both layout and cost. Consider your prospective tenant and what they would be most comfortable with. If the design plan requires handicap access, work with the contractor to ensure all aspects of the layout are accessible, including the bathroom. If windows are to be installed, make sure they are in the appropriate places in the space.
Garages are not just for cars, anymore. There are garage plans with dormer for extra storage space, a home office, or a bedroom. No matter what style garage you would like to have you should be able to find the plan with these garage plan sources.
- Look for Free Instant Download Garage Plans with Material Lists
The garages featured on this website feature storage lofts, hobby shop, workshop or storage barn. You may download free garage plans that also include a materials list to help you project the costs for your new garage. www.todaysplans.com
- Find Garage Plans For Do-It-Yourself Projects
This is a great website which provides a free instant-download for garage plans including a garage that is combined with a workshop. You can also receive downloadable plans for sheds, barns, cabana, pergolas, decks, gazebo and much more. www.ebackroad.com/0free-projectplans-garageplans
- View Photos of Historical Garage Designs Used Today
This website features hundreds of garage plans that have been preserved through HABS. View the photos, measure the floor plans, calculate the exterior elevations, and get the construction details. www.ebackroad.com/0habs-garagedesigns
- See the Layout of Garage and Carport Building Plans
Choose from one-car garage, carport or download the building profile. This profile shows you how to lay out the foundation of your garage building project to it is level and square. All of this information is free to download for your convenience. www.buildeasy.com
- Look for Free Downloadable Garage Plan Drawings
See the garage plan for a 2 car garage with a loft for storage and a large project room attached. To view this free garage plan, and dozens of others including green-oriented building, go to www.ChandlerDesignBuild.com.
- Draw an outline of the interior walls. Mark the garage door, windows and fixed appliances. Measure the height and width of each interior wall in your garage. Allow for the garage door opening as it impacts the wall and floor space. Designate space for the cars, with room to open the doors. Write the measurements on each wall so you can design the work and storage space. If you use your garage to house your cars, mark off half of the side walls, if the fit is tight, to allow for exiting the cars.
- Lay out a design based on the primary functions of your garage interior. For many people, that means storage for vehicles, tools, household items and supplies. Make space for the largest items first, like a work bench, storage cabinet or a lawn mower, and then assess the available wall and floor areas. If space is at a minimum, you can design vertical storage, such as shelves, hooks or racks to take advantage of the height. Add space for a peg board behind your work area to hang tools. Plan shelves or racks horizontally along the top of the walls on either side of your cars. Hooks underneath the shelves can be used to hang garden or cleaning tools.
- Research the costs and measurements of the available storage solutions for your garage interior, both online and in local home improvement stores. Isolate the most important storage elements first, check your budget and refine your design if necessary. For example, if you need a large storage cabinet more than you need a bike rack, price the cabinet first and then include other storage solutions as your budget allows. Look for alternative solutions to ready-made garage storage. You can make your own shelves inexpensively with brackets and treated plywood, and then stack plastic bins for closed storage.
Credit : www.ehow.com
- Measure with a piece of string how far the car’s rear-view mirror is from the garage ceiling. Your string should be at least this length plus several inches for tying.
- Screw the eye bolt into a tennis ball. Then tie the string to the eye bolt.
- Use a ladder to hang the string from your garage’s rafters or to attach it to the ceiling with a staple. Do not tightly knot or staple the string until you have the correct length.
- Park your car in the garage to determine if the tennis ball is placed at the correct spot. When the ball bumps your windshield at rear-view mirror height, you can firmly tie or staple the string into place on the garage ceiling.
- Purchase blueprints of a design plan from a contractor or go to the local library and find your dream garage in pictures and then draw it out yourself (see Resources).
- Make the ground site level. Stake out the foundation and call your local concrete company to schedule a good time for them to come and pour the concrete.
- Construct the wall and roof frame. Get help to hoist the frames up and nail them together. If you have to, you can rent equipment, but friends make the project more fun.
- Nail together the walls and put them up. You can make them separate of the structure or you can attach slabs of wood to the frame piece by piece.
- Give the frame support by reinforcing all supporting walls. This is critical to the safety of the structure.
- Hammer together the roof and weatherize it. Use asphalt shingles or other materials recommended for roofing.
- Tap the windows into the walls of the garage. Paint, stain or put siding on the garage-you may want it to match the outside of your house.
- Naturally, the cost of building a two-car garage varies depending on the materials used and amenities included. One of the easiest ways to cut costs is to build a garage without any windows. It is also cheaper if you provide the building materials yourself; that way you only have to pay a professional for his labor, not for the price of materials. The standard materials you’ll need to supply are roofing, brackets, nails, concrete, lumber and siding. You can also ask your contractor to provide you with an exact list of the materials needed. These standard materials will cost between $3,000 and $5,000, but you can avoid paying the additional markup that most contractors will charge for obtaining the materials themselves.
- Aside from labor and materials, homeowners usually have to purchase a permit that allows them to build the garage and hire a building inspector to evaluate the site. Most city permits to build a two-car garage cost between $200 and $300 if the primary residence is already built. One must also take into consideration whether additional work will need to be done to the primary residence to allow the garage to be built. Many homeowners who decide to save themselves some money purchase layout plans that can cost $20 or more. One more important thing to consider is that many people believe they can cut the cost of building a two-car garage by hiring unlicensed contractors. Though they can be a cheaper form of labor, it is extremely risky to hire unlicensed contractors, who may or may not do the job well or within the appropriate amount of time. It is also difficult to sue an unlicensed contractor who does not meet your expectations. To find a legitimate contractor visit the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) at NAHB.org or the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) at NARI.org to obtain a referral.
- Use big neon signs–the medium size posters are best. Neon signs will get more attention.
- Use big writing on the garage signs as this will help everyone to clearly read the directions.
- Use large black markers for writing on the garage sale sign.
- Put an arrow on the garage signs pointing to the direction of your house.
- Nail the poster boards into the wooden stakes.
- Place colored balloons on the garage signs. Use tape to secure the balloons to the poster boards. This is another way to get people to read the garage signs.
- Have multiple garage signs. Each sign will direct the drivers to your home. You could have some garage signs that only have arrows and your street address.
- Place the the garage signs visible to the street. You will want the signs on the main road and then every side street that leads to your street.
- Set up tables to display non-hanging items such as sweaters, belts and scarves. Group each type and size of item — if applicable — in separate plastic bins or cardboard boxes and arrange them on top of the table so people don’t have to bend or squat to look at the merchandise. Label the outside of each box or bin with the price.
- Group men’s, women’s and children’s shoes in separate bins or boxes by size and gender. Do the same if you have a large amount of belts. Wrap a large rubber-band around each pair of shoes to keep them together. Label the outside of each box or bin with a price.
- Hang higher-priced clothes on a clothing rack, grouped by size, type and gender — all women’s dresses together in size order, all men’s pants together in incremental sizes. Post a general price list in plain sight for each type of item on the rack. Charge 1.99 for each pair of pants and 2.99 for each dress.
Make sure there’s enough space between the clothes so customers can browse the items without frustration. If you don’t have a rack, make your own out of a piece of rope tied to two objects across the ceiling of the garage.
- Offer free items at your garage sale as an incentive to get more people to come up to your driveway or yard. Use a thick felt-tip pen to write “Free” on a cardboard box and fill the box with things you were planning to give away to charity. Place the box near the front of your driveway, where passersby can clearly see it. Once they come up to inspect the free goods, they’ll be more inclined to browse your items for sale.
- Schedule your sale on a date and time that will attract the most potential buyers. For example, a garage sale held on a weekday during a cold winter month such as January probably won’t have that many visitors, due to the weather and the fact that many people work on weekdays. Instead, a garage sale on a Sunday during a warmer month such as May or June will entice more people. Always check the weather in advance to ensure no rain will occur on the day of your garage sale.
- Tell your neighbors that you plan to have a garage sale and encourage them to throw one as well. They might have items they’ve been meaning to get rid of, and a neighborhood-style garage sale would be an opportunity to sell their goods. According to Best Garage Sale Tips.com, buyers are more likely to visit a neighborhood or sale if there are two more garage sales taking place simultaneously.
- Use a thick felt-tip pen and pieces of tag board to create garage sale signs that include the date, time and address of your sale. Use tag board in bright colors such as neon green and pink to attract the attention of drivers and pedestrians. Use masking tape to place these signs in strategic locations for ample exposure, including busy intersections near your home, public bulletin boards at local restaurants, cafes and religious places of worship, and along bustling streets.
- List your garage sale and its details on classified websites such as Craigslist or your local newspaper’s web page. Use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to get the word out that you are holding a garage sale at a specific date and time. Include details about items you will be selling at the event to increase interest in your garage sale and give them an idea of how you will be pricing your things.
- Schedule your garage sale far enough in advance so that you can place a classified ad. Hold your sale on a nonholiday weekend unless you live in a resort town with lots of vacationers. Check the long-range forecast for good weather.
- Dig through your garage, attic, basement and house for stuff to sell. Include everything you want to get rid of–one person’s junk is another’s treasure.
- Spread the word among friends and family. The more you have to sell, the larger the crowd you can draw. Offer to sell their stuff for a 20 percent commission.
- Scrub, wash, polish, dust and launder anything you plan to sell. If an item needs a simple repair that could greatly improve the price, fix it.
- Round up volunteers if you expect large crowds. Friends and family may be willing to help for a free meal, the chance to sell their own junk, or just the fun of it.
- Print up one-page fliers advertising your sale and put them up at local coffee shops, laundries, grocery stores or community centers.
- Place large, neatly printed signs in your neighborhood the night before or the morning of the sale. Put signs in front of your house as well.
- Use masking tape and a permanent marker to mark everything with a price. “$1 or less” tables or boxes save time and attract shoppers. Leave room to bargain down when pricing items. Remember that you’re trying to get rid of your stuff when you price it. You may have spent a fortune on that Beta VCR, but you’ll be lucky to get a quarter for it now.
- Hang clothes on makeshift racks. Borrow portable tables to display items. Put crowd-pleasers (furniture, tools) up front to entice people. Have a “10 cents” box to encourage further browsing.
- Set up your cash table near the entrance. Have plenty of small change, a cash box, a calculator, pencil and pen, a ledger book (to inventory commissions), bags and boxes, newspaper to wrap valuables, and a tape measure.
- Make sure there’s plenty of parking; relocate your car if necessary.
- Be cheerful, get people talking and encourage haggling. Many people are reluctant to haggle but find it’s fun once they start.
Credit : www.ehow.com
- Obtain a copy of a design software program like Auto CAD, SmartDraw or Google Sketchup which is free.
- Study garage plans from a reputable distributor to gain insights into how garages are laid out like Eplans.com. For highly detailed, professional plans you will have to pay a price which may be between $150 and $400 per plan. This will help you see how professional plans are created and laid out. It will also give you valuable templates to start with and learn how the plans are customized.
- Design your plans using the program interface. Create floor plans using the intuitive tools which allow you to draw walls, door spaces and windows. Garage spaces are usually one level with at least nine feet of width and 12 to 14 feet of length for each car.
- Add details to your garage plans including space for shelving, closet storage and entry ways for back doors.
- Create one-car, two-car and three car versions of your plans by using the software’s design and measuring capabilities.
- Add alternative designs with variations for where the back doors will be placed to give home owners options. Some home layouts will not allow for doors to be placed on one side, or on the rear of the garage. Free garage plans should be customizable if the garage will be added to an existing structure.
Few careers provide the same stability and demand than as the auto mechanic. Even in tough economic times, people still need to have their cars serviced and tuned up. In fact, with the recent recession many people are choosing to service their cars more often to keep them running longer instead of purchasing a new vehicle. However, just because there is demand for auto mechanics doesn’t mean there is not competition. It is not enough to simply become a mechanic, but you must also set yourself apart from the rest. The following four traits make the difference between a simple mechanic and a good mechanic.
A mechanic with formal education and training immediately has an advantage over his or her colleagues. While it is possible to learn on the job, a formal education at a mechanic school will train you to work on the wide varieties of new technologies and components found in modern cars. With the advent of hybrid and electric technologies, today’s mechanic has to know how to work on many different types of vehicles. In addition to training on new technologies, formally trained mechanics will also receive top of the line training with older, yet still crucial and widely used technologies. This type of well rounded training provides the solid foundation necessary to become an excellent mechanic.
Mechanics have an unpopular reputation as swindlers who take advantage of the public’s lack of automotive knowledge. This reputation is unfair and undeserved. The vast majority of mechanics are honest, hardworking people. However, those seeking to become a mechanic will often face wary and uncooperative customers. A good mechanic knows how to communicate complex mechanical and technical information to a customer, while reassuring them that they are receiving the best possible service for their dollar. The better a customer understands his or her problem, the less likely they will return unsatisfied.
Automotive certifications and business credentials help prove that you know what you are doing and that a client can trust you with his or her vehicle. The industry standard for certification is the Automotive Service Excellence or AES certification. Earning this certification requires testing in several different areas and different certifications are awarded for mechanics working in different fields. In addition to competence in their work, mechanics who run or work for a business with a good reputation will often be certified by the Better Business Bureau to showcase this reputation. And, of course, the first step to certification is always mechanic school.
As in all fields, experience is one of the best indicators of competency and skill. Experience can include everything from training at a mechanic school to years of on the job experience. Nothing can top the repair and maintenance experience that mechanics receive from years of working on thousands of different problems and vehicle types, the final piece to become a mechanic of
There are several different possible causes for a driveline vibration. Your wheels, tires, axles, driveshaft, transmission, clutch or torque converter and engine components are all rotating at a high rate of speed, and any one or more of these components can create a vibration if they are worn or out of spec. Worn or broken engine or transmission mounts can transmit normal vibrations that usually aren’t ever felt, and accidental body contact with the engine, transmission, or exhaust can also be misinterpreted as a driveline vibration. The first step in diagnosing a classic car vibration is to determine exactly when and under what conditions the vibration occurs.
There are three basic types of vibrations:
1. Engine RPM related – If the vibration is related to engine RPM, it will occur in all gears (and possibly even sitting still) at a particular engine RPM or above. This vibration usually can be attributed to the engine itself or anything else that turns at the same speed as the engine, such as the harmonic balancer, flywheel or flexplate, pilot bearing, pressure plate, torque converter, or transmission input shaft. It is also possible for body contact with the engine, transmission, or exhaust to cause an engine RPM related vibration. Worn or broken engine or transmission mounts can contribute to this problem. When driving the vehicle with the vibration present, maintain vehicle speed and try shifting to a lower or higher gear. If the vibration changes or goes away while maintaining the same vehicle speed, then the problem is not related to engine RPM.
2. Vehicle Speed related – If the vibration is related to vehicle speed, it will not be present until you reach a certain speed, and then it will usually start gradually and then become worse as speed increases. In some cases, it will decrease at some point, and then come back again at a higher speed. This type of vibration could be related to your wheels, tires, axles, differential, driveshaft runout, balance, or angles, universal joints, or transmission output shaft. Try the same driving test as above. If the vibration is present in third gear at 50 mph, but shifting to fourth gear at 50 MPH makes the vibration go away, then it is not going to be vehicle speed related and you can usually rule out any rotating component that is further back than the transmission output shaft. At a given MPH, your output shaft, driveshaft, axles, wheels and tires are all turning at a constant speed, no matter what gear the transmission is in.
3. Accel/Decel/Cruise related – A vibration that changes depending on whether you are accelerating, decelerating, or cruising at a steady speed could have quite a few different causes. Generally, this will be related to driveshaft angles or a worn or broken part, instead of something being out of balance. Think about what changes when the engine is under load. The engine and isolator mount loads shift; the load on the pinion bearing changes; your driveshaft angles change, possibly more than they should due to a broken engine or transmission mount; your exhaust, shifter, transmission, etc. could be contacting the body only on accel or decel; if the car has been lowered (or raised), your suspension snubbers could be contacting the body prematurely.
A vehicle works as a system, and you have to understand the relationships between all the different parts when you are trying to diagnose a driveline vibration. Determining if the vibration is related to engine speed, vehicle speed, or engine load will help you narrow down the list of possible culprits, and keep you from wasting your time looking in the wrong places.
One thing about the way in which cars fascinated with, is the innovation that goes along. The new Maruti Swift will give definition to innovation and dexterity. This 2011 would be the year of the Maruti Swift.
The original concept of the Maruti was simple, to change into the leader in the automotive trade with a target market fulfilled with luxury, yet economical. Regardless of the Indian economic system being affected by the global down turn of demand for vehicles, there is something in regards to the Maruti Swift that it’s still making it big. The idea of putting up a car firm in India will be a threat price taking. Competitors may be very high with almost each Multi Nationwide Car Firm investing on the car business within the country. But regardless of all this, the Maruti Swift remains to be a top choose among consumers.
The Indian Automotive Business has shifted dimension from what seemed to be conservative to a more liberal market. The demand, nonetheless, has radicalized consumer curiosity on large cars to an extra economical, yet handy vehicle. That is where the Maruti Swift comes in. One cause for the upstream market of Maruti Suzuki is the fixed demand for the cars. The compact vehicle has made the streets of India a pink carpet for this new innovation.
However financial reasons are not the one factor for consumers. Now-a-days, visitors could be very much a cause for drivers headache. Not only does visitors delay your appointments, however gasoline price is increased. So, moving into streets with a compact automobile, match to hurry off any visitors jam will give tremendous advantages to you. This is where the brand new Maruti Swift fits in. The artistic and revolutionary design of the Maruti Swift is ideal for any city jungle.
Since its launch in 2005, The Maruti Swift has received quite a few commendations from car enthusiasts and reviews. This coming August 17, 2011, Maruti Suzuki will unveil the new Maruti Swift in the Indian market. A unique alternative for the Indian market match to the interest of each Indian national.
The Maruti Swift comes either in a 1.2 liter K12 M petrol engine, or a 1.three liter DDiS diesel engine. Using the petrol engine will optimize the Maruti Swift of up to ninety BHP, whereas in diesel engine you rev as much as seventy five PS with 190 NM of responsive torque. New Maruti Swift to be economical with its fuel consumption of 23 km/liter.
Like every other car firm in India, Maruti envisions to penetrate the market with the introduction of the Maruti Swift. This 2011 will show to be a 12 months for the Maruti Swift. Preliminary opinions reveal that, unlike other automotive companies, whats distinctive concerning the Maruti is that it’ll match the taste of the Indian market. Proving to be an aggressive player with a sense of realizing whats finest within the market.
The launch of the New Maruti Swift in India will give rise to an innovation in the Indian Vehicle Business, giving customers a drive for his or her money.
A sedan based version of Swift was launched in March 2008 by Suzuki just for the Indian market by the identify of Maruti Swift DZire. The auto has the same wheelbase because the hatchback mannequin however the automotive is elevated within the total length as a result of boost enhancement in the mannequin as compared with the hatchback version. The automotive also shares the identical engine features with the hatchback variant because the automobile is provided with 1.2 liter K series gasoline engine as well as 1.3 liter DDiS engine.
Because the automobile has an increased boot as compared to the hatchback mannequin there are few modifications made on the rear end of Swift DZire to be able to balance the general weight of the car and to supply a snug and spacious room house to the rear finish passengers. The car weighs barely greater than the hatchback variant and in addition went via some alterations in terms of styling and exterior of the car.
Maruti Swift Dzire is a high finish sedan automotive however at the identical time provides economical person experience as a result of low upkeep prices in addition to excessive gas efficiency. The automotive is a chic blend of fashion and comfort and tries to deal with design and functionality on the same time. The exterior of the car is very trendy and meets every person requirement in terms of interior. The automobile gives optimal cooling surroundings by its local weather management system. The car comes geared up with all the mandatory options such as power utility plug to charge electronics corresponding to cell phones and laptops. Under different models the car additionally comes with power steering to enhance the driving experience of the person by offering a comfortable and luxury drive par excellence. Furthermore the automotive supplies ample leg room for the rear finish passenger. The seats are adjustable for straightforward traveling and a way more comfy and customizable consumer experience. Other luxurious and design options embody trunk mild for enhanced user experience as well as spacious trunk area to offer extra space for luggage.
The car comes equipped with a lot of safety options which might be vital for a safe driving expertise for you and your family. Swift DZire has strong and dependable brakes system with good street grip in case of emergency brake requirement. It also consists of features like air luggage which are very useful in case of a sudden accident. Baby locks and central locking are also very vital options in terms of the protection of your baby and the convenience of locking with one button in case someone forgets to lock the door while exiting the vehicle.
Maruti Swift DZire comes in six completely different variants to select from, and can also be obtainable in various engaging shades ranging from blue, silver, beige, black, white and red. All the luxury and advance features of the car have made the car a success out there and the automobile has satisfied the purchasers by means of its outstanding driving experience.
th June 2013, Four marks – Unifast Ltd took part in the latest FAST Exhibition in Cosford in the United Kingdom about one month ago and it is ready to participate also to the next edition in November 2013.
FAST fair is dedicated to the fastening systems and took place on 18 April 2013 and Unifast Ltd could not miss this crucial appointment. FAST, acronym of Fastening and Assembly Solutions and Technology, is a professional event for the experts of the sector: engineers and buyers of the world of fasteners.
The FAST exhibition has reached this year its ninth edition; it occurs twice a year and gathers companies, visitors, exhibitors and experts from all over the world, everybody with the unique feature of being interested in the fastening system sector. The significant points of this event are: innovative fastening technologies suitable for a wide range of use, news and cutting-edge ideas which enable the companies to move with the times and to introduce novelties in this field. Unifast is specialized in the manufacturing of industrial fasteners, such as: solder pins, clips for sale, pop rivets, quick closings, screw thread inserts, solder pins and steel bolts nuts; this is the reason why it took part in this event as an exhibitor. Moreover, Unifast deals also with the cold forging method for the items production, in order to answer to all types of requests of solutions which are not on the market and are not considered as standardized items. In this case Unifast first develops the project of the product and then it creates the good.
All the exhibitors at the fair have at least one headquarter in the United Kingdom, in this way the visitors could entrust on an instant support of the purchased products. Unifast has in fact a branch in Italy, precisely in Turin and one in the United Kingdom in the Hampshire, therefore it went to FAST to meet and discuss with experts of the sector about fasteners production and distribution.
The Fastening and Assembly Solutions and Technology fair lasts for one day and it is the unique event on industrial fasteners in the United Kingdom, an occasion for debating, speaking and discussing about the world of assembly solutions. Each exhibitor introduced the most advanced technologies in this field, trying to reduce the assembly line costs; there were many experts, industries, technicians, engineers, commercial directors, researchers and developers of various companies.
During the FAST day many conferences have been organized on various topics for the introduction of new assembly systems. All the fastening solutions are utilized in the field of automotive, aeronautic, telecommunications, as well as oleodynamic sector. The next edition of FAST will be held on 7th November 2013.
Unifast Fastening Systems Ltd
Unit5, Woodlea Park, Station Approach, Four Marks
GU345AZ – Hampshire (UK)
Tel +44 01420563333
Fax +44 08707627964
This article was written by Stefania Mazzucato
Press Office Prima Posizione Srl – Web Marketing Agency
All kinds of auto locksmiths are mandated by law to have license and auto locksmith is not what we usually see in the field, it is a domain that will centralise on the creation and breaking of automobile locks and beginning system. These days, specialised in auto locksmiths are in great demand, above all, after the introducing about the immobiliser systems and electrical device keys. Immobiliser is the highly programmed device which is specified just in case if insertion of wrong or forged transponder keys, and in this manners, all vehicles won’t start since the fuel flow brakes, that will support and monitor to fight against car thefts. This is why it should be the primary issue that should look in an auto locksmiths. It guarantees that the locksmith will get a person to depend on during emergency situations in the middle of nowhere. Auto locksmith services, vehicle key and extraneous programming, coding, general key cutting to customers throughout the local area. Should know how to create a customised security system that will cater the specific needs and enough budget. No doubt that it is truly a brilliant thought to increase further protection by way of up to date technology. Nonetheless, these new generation technologies are readily available perfectly.
Auto locksmith service providers tend to be aware of styles as well as trends in their industry. The rationale behind this trend is proven fact that with the development in technology, the locks are getting refined. These sophisticated locks aren’t straightforward to defeat. This is one of the miracles an auto locksmith can perform. The importance of time should be the main priority, most especially during an emergency. Quick response is a must and the availability is at 24/7. A good auto locksmiths will be careful with the lock and can copulate with none damage. The auto locksmiths come to help when in real trouble and can solve the problem in case unable to open the door of the vehicle. It is a common experience that may forgot the car keys in the vehicle before locking it.
As the technology is ever changing, and as a result of the dynamical demands of the world of responsibilities, constant updates are required simply tot take care the large percent. Auto locksmiths also need to keep themselves updated with the changing trends in this kind of industry and aware of the latest equipment in order to practice them and to ensure they are with the pace of industry, it is design in special service. The auto locksmith devices system was introduced to help out reduce vehicle crime and different types of robbery. The techniques of an auto locksmith could use to open up a lock would significantly rely on the type of lock and the equipment which the person prefers to use. Opt for the trail as per your feasibleness, time and budget. The remainder of the work will be done by proficient and knowledgeable auto locksmiths in no time.
Auto locksmiths usually known as a savoury areas. It must confirm that they are aware of their surroundings at all times and also that they check identification or go through other process to manipulate. When it comes to money talk, it is fact that the over charge is most of the time for the services. Ostensibly simple services like lock repair can’t afford for any exception. They typically charge a flat fee for a job rather than of charging by the hours. This implies that they have already calculated an average quantity of time they might spend on a given job and structured their fees consequently. Even if this explicit jobs ends up taking abundant less time, they’ll still charge the present value. Auto locksmiths don’t typically work that method and therefore the fees are generally much more reasonable.
To find out more about Northern Suburbs locksmith contact and discuss many options available, please visit AVlocksmiths.com.au. For professional tips, quick and emergency response.
Getting a good price for your used car doesn’t have to be as complicated as you may think. All you need to do is follow these simple steps and you can have the cash you want for used car in no time!
Get in the know- Before putting that for sale sign in the window of your car, it is very important to know what the market is like for your particular car. How “in demand” is your vehicle right now? What kind of potential buyer will be interested in your car? The answers to these questions will help your determine how to advertise and price your vehicle. When you know what audience to target, you will be able to sell to a motivated buyer who is willing to give you what you want for the car.
Ensure reliability- Many car buyers are skeptical about used cars. Make your car stand out above the rest by reassuring the customer of the car’s reliability. Have your mechanic give the car a check to be sure that everything is in proper working order. Have them give you a report on the car’s condition that you can show potential buyers. Another great way to tame skeptical used car buyers is with a vehicle history report.
Be Legit- It’s imperative to know the rules for the sales of motor vehicles in your state. In the event of a mishap or accident, you need to be sure that you won’t be held responsible once the transaction has been made. Once you have secured funds for your car, record the odometer reading and your signature on the title before handing it to the buyer.
Give your car a makeover- Who wants to spend top dollar for a car that doesn’t look its best? Take some time to fix minor cosmetics on your car. Have the car detailed for the best clean inside and outside. Be sure to put an air freshener inside as well. If your automotive painting doesn’t look the best, consider a new paint job to help seal the deal. A car that appeals to the senses is more likely to draw and interest more potential buyers.
Price it right- Of course you don’t want to feel like you’re just giving your car away. However, pricing your car too high will steer buyers away to the competition. Take fair market value into consideration. Go to various automobile selling websites and view comparable vehicles for pricing. After taking in the condition of your vehicle, price your car accordingly. Price the car a little above what you are actually willing to accept to leave room for negotiations. You don’t need car sales training to be able to counter with a potential buyer, but if you make a habit of selling cars you should consider some.
A rare Nazi-era vehicle concealed from the German mine shaft during World War II is now on display for two days at Audi’s showroom on Park Avenue. The silver D-Type from Auto Union, Audi’s forerunner, will eventually be auctioned on February 17 in Paris as part of Christie’s Retromobile auto sale. The race car is estimated to be worth millions of dollars and it is expected to fetch around $12 million to $15 million.
Christie’s said, “While Adolph Hitler gave about 500,000 reichsmarks to Auto Union and Mercedes-Benz to promote racing and technology, the car is not specifically affiliated with the Third Reich.” The D-Type on display, the grandfather of modern race cars, is one of only 2 in existence. Said car has revolutionized automotive racing by putting the driver in front of the engine instead of behind it. It speeds up to 185 miles per hour.
“This car was really quite ahead of its time,” said Rupert Banner, head of Christie’s International Motor Cars division. “It was revolutionary. It changed the face of racing.” Over 20 Auto Union series cars were manufactured between 1933 and 1939. The D-Type, designed by Ferdinand Porsche, has a body shape likened to an airplane fuselage. The driver sits sunken into the body of the metal, and the wheels. The latter appears like oversized bicycle tires having independent suspension. Automakers of today are improving their line from race cars like the D-Type. As a fact, the latest and greatest formulation for fast street or light track vehicles having EBC Redstuff are also inspired by race cars like the D-Type.
“There was a kind of memory loss after the war,” said Audi historian Thomas Erdmann. “It took really until the early 1960s and later on to the 1980s for car design to catch up to these cars.” Just before World War II, the D-Type won the 1939 French Grand Prix. The car, also called the Silver Arrow, was filmed winding through country roads for use in newsreels across Europe. “They vanished, lost behind the Iron Curtain,” Erdmann added.
In the racing realm, German cars were always using the color silver, French use blue and British green. These colors eventually became their trademarks. This is the reason behind the sleek silver color of the D-Type.
During the heyday of the World War II, Auto Union workers hid the cars in a mine shaft in eastern Germany to shun using them for scrap metal. After the historic war, the Russians discovered the cars and took them to their own country, along with dismantled Auto Union factories, to re-create motorsports. The cars were taken apart.
An American car collector came across car parts in a scrap heap in Ukraine and took them back to England. There, Crosthwaite & Gardiner’s auto experts restored it. Christie’s did not divulge who is selling it.
- Measure the width and height of your garage door with a tape measure. Write down what material your garage door is made from. Although the door springs balance the weight and do the actual job of lifting the door, wood doors and insulated steel doors are heavier than a standard uninsulated steel door. Doors that are 10 feet wide by 8 feet tall are single-car garage doors. Doors larger than this are considered double-car garage doors.
- Look for an opener that has the horsepower necessary for your garage door size. A 1/3-horsepower opener can handle most doors 10 feet wide by 8 feet tall. Single-car garage doors do not require a heavier horsepower. Standard steel uninsulated double-car garage doors also can use a 1/3-horsepower opener without straining the motor. If you have a wooden or insulated double-car garage door up to 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall, choose a 1/2-horsepower opener. For doors that are more than 16 feet wide, purchase a 3/4-horsepower opener.
- Choose between the various drive models of openers. Single-car garage doors can use a belt, screw or chain-driven opener without damaging the motor. Screw and belt-driven openers are less noisy than chain openers. Chain openers, on the other hand, are less difficult to repair for the average homeowner. Double-car garage doors should have either screw-drive or chain-driven openers.
- Decide whether you want to install the opener yourself or have the opener professionally installed. Self-installed openers use rails that come in three pieces that you assemble. A professional model has a one-piece rail. Though there is no difference in the strength or durability of either rail, assembling the rail correctly is vital to the proper operation of the opener. Most homes are now pre-wired for openers, which makes the task of hooking up the opener sensors and wall button less difficult for the do-it-yourself homeowner.
- Determine what extras you want for the garage door opener. Outside keypads and optional remote controls are available for all makes and models of garage door openers.
- Place the car ramps on the floor in the front of the garage. Drive the car partially in and park it. The vehicle must be straight. Have a helper guide you while you’re driving the vehicle in. Position the ramps so they are 3 feet away from the front wall. Place them directly in front of the car tires.
- Place a wooden plank in front of each car ramp. The other end should touch the garage wall, according to the Family Handyman. This will help brace the ramp so it can’t slide across the floor. Position the second plank in front of the other ramp.
- Place a rubber mat under the low end of the car ramp. The mat will also help keep the ramp from moving. Place the second mat under the other ramp. Drive the vehicle onto the car ramps while a helper guides you. Set the parking brake, according to the Family Handyman.
- In selecting the best parking structure alternative, an important measure of comparison is the “efficiency” of a layout, usually expressed as the gross square feet of parking structure area, divided by the number of parking stalls.
- Parking lot layouts, which provide for efficiencies of between 300 to 350 square feet per parking stall are typical. It is not uncommon, however, to find less efficient parking structures requiring 400 square feet per parking stall or higher. Automated parking facilities can achieve better parking efficiencies, with reports of 200 to 250 square feet per parking stall.
- Factors affecting the efficiency of a parking structure include the size and geometric configuration of the parking structure’s site; the layout of the garage aisle and circulation system, including entrance and exit locations; and constraints of the structural system, such as the column layout. Typically, larger parking structures can achieve greater efficiency than smaller structures.
The Ground Level
- Typically, a garage offers one cost-friendly benefit right off the bat — it has a concrete slab floor, which easily accommodates carpeting or floating wood flooring. If you’re faced with a potentially expensive excavation of the garage floor, though, setting lintels just below ground level often serves as an affordable solution. Starting at about $1.85 per square foot, as of 2014 prices, vinyl tiles offer an easy-to-install and cost-effective flooring option. If you live an a warm region, staining the existing concrete to make for a cool, breezy floor with a visual interesting patina has a similar cost.
Walls and Windows
- Your garage will likely need insulation to make it into a cozy bedroom; by reducing the amount of construction required, blown-in insulation offers a cost-conscious option. If your garage has single-course brick walls — common of older structures — real estate agent Nigel Lewis recommends building independent stud walls and mounting them about 3 inches from the existing walls to easily and affordably accommodate insulation and plasterboard. The Family Handyman website calls drywall the most economical option for covering your garage ceiling, and the easiest. Go with value-priced 5/8-inch-thick drywall if you have rafters spaced at 24 inches. Although they may cost a bit more upfront, choosing energy-efficient windows and doors will save you money in the long run.
- If you plan to run air conditioning in your garage conversion, extending your home’s existing ductwork into the garage is the most affordable renovation option. Electric baseboards are also cost-effective upon installation but will have a bigger impact on your electric bill. To reduce heating and cooling costs, ensure that your garage has about 1 square foot of vent opening per 300 square feet of attic space, if it has an attic. For a wallet-friendly way to make your new bedroom feel more spacious, use light-colored paint and mount mirrors in the room.
More to Consider
- In regard to real estate value, the new bedroom — if well-constructed — can generate a first-year return on investment of up to 78 percent of its initial cost. Homewyse recommends limiting your garage conversion budget to 2.1 percent of your home’s total estimated value after the conversion to maximize your return. Planning your garage conversion without the need for an additional bathroom also helps reduce cost. If your garage shares a wall with an existing bathroom, install a connecting door.
- Clear out the garage. Remove any debris or other items being used for construction. Sweep and dust the interior.
- Contact your local zoning office for information regarding placement of windows, utilities, ceiling clearances and building permits. You may be required to submit a set of blueprints to get the building permit depending on your local municipality.
- Draw an overall plan for the interior living space. Use an open floor plan to maximize available space. This also minimizes the need for wall construction because only two walls for the bathroom will be needed.
- Design the location of the kitchen and bathroom. Place these two rooms next to each other to minimize the amount of pipe needed for water and drainage. Locate the bathroom in a corner to gain the most use of floor space. Make the kitchen along one wall adjacent to the bathroom.
- Draw in the location of the kitchen appliances such as an apartment size stove, refrigerator and sink with cabinetry underneath to hide the pipes and provide storage. Draw the bathroom items in such as a corner shower, toilet and vanity.
- Make maximum use of floor space by planning built-in storage areas and shelving into the walls. Plan for storage space above major appliances. Space above the toilet, refrigerator and stove can be used by overhanging cabinetry.
- Locate electrical outlets and wiring on the drawings. Determine if the wiring or outlets need upgrading to comply with local ordinances and plan accordingly. Draw in an entrance and exit if no doorways exist. Locate the emergency exits on the drawings. These can be windows or doors.
- Build the built-in shelving using the bare studs in the walls. Find adjacent studs. Place foam insulation boards between the studs against the exterior wall. Cover the board with paneling. Attach the paneling with screws. Create shelving using two-by-four inch boards cut and measured to fit between the studs.
- Install additional wiring to operate appliances such as the refrigerator, hot water heater, furnace and other major appliances. Place the breaker box for the house near the front door for quick access. Drill guide holes through the studs so wiring remains buried in the walls. Install at least one outlet on each wall if none exist. Use outlets with breaker switches to prevent power surges.
- Install required plumbing and related fixtures. Set up the main plumbing lines to enter the building under the kitchen sink; this allows easy access to pipes.
- Install the drain pipes where the toilet and shower will be.
- Put the furnace and hot water tank in the bathroom. Run the hot and cold water lines from the kitchen sink to the hot water heater to create a circular route for water.
- Have the local zoning office approve the construction before finishing wall construction. You will need to tear down any construction if further work is required before approval for further work.
- Remove the garage doors and all related assembly. Build a wall in the opening created. Frame the doorway. Use brick or stone for the exterior wall; this provides added temperature control while giving aesthetic appeal to the front of the building.
- Install any windows and vents needed. Make sure there is cross-ventilation and airflow through the living space to reduce the need for heating or cooling appliances.
- Apply R-15 or higher rolled insulation between the studs, with the paper backing facing you. The insulation should fit snugly.
- Use moisture-resistant cement board for the walls. Use drywall tape and spackle to cover seams and the screw heads so you can paint over them.
- Hang a drop ceiling according to manufacturer’s instructions. You can place more rolled insulation on top of the ceiling if you prefer.
- Paint the walls using a light colored paint. This makes the space seem larger. Use a roller for large open areas. Use the brushes to paint the corners and smaller areas.
- Apply a protective coat of cement stain to the floor. This will keep stains, moisture and cracks from forming in the cement. Use the cement floor to maintain ambient heat.
- Lay large ceramic tile pieces over the cement and finish with grout. This eliminates the need for carpeting while adding decorative value to the cement. It also helps further maintain the ambient heat.
- Determine what all you want to sell. Go through your house and make a big pile, or go room by room or floor byfloor. Put everything in one area.
- Take pictures. Make sure you show your items in the best possible light, and show multiple angles, if possible.
- For items that can be shipped safely and cheaply, such as cameras or DVD players, list them on eBay. Hold a seven-day auction, and list the items for the minimum price you would accept. Estimate your shipping; you don’t want to lose money on it. Use a handling charge if you need to buy a box, but your best bet is to ship U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail. You’ll get a free box and your buyers get their stuff faster.
- List all of your “nonshippable” items on craigslist. This goes for furniture, lamps, bikes and so on. Ensure you always trade in cash and state all of your necessary terms up front.
- Relist all items not sold. Keep trying as, eventually, someone will buy them. Same with craigslist.
- Choose the locations for your yard sale signs. Display them on major streets and along the route from those streets to your house. Use the locations to determine where to put the arrows or directional information on each sign.
- Create a sign template. Lay out the general information for each sign using pencil on a piece of paper. Include the words “Yard Sale” or “Garage Sale,” the date and time of the sale, and any big ticket items such as furniture, expensive toys or jewelry, that will be offered, as well as the address.
- Include a prominent arrow or directions such as “Left at the next traffic light,” to guide shoppers to your garage sale.
- Assess your paper template to make sure that your design features the most important information prominently and is clear and easy to read. Adjust your design if necessary. “Garage Sale” and the date, time, and directions or directional arrow should all be immediately visible.
- Use light-colored poster board for the sign and dark markers to make it easy to read. Use two colors of marker for alternating pieces of information. For example, write “Garage Sale” in one color, followed by the date and time in a second color, followed by the items being offered in the first color.
- Using markers, print the information clearly on each sign according to your paper template. Hang the signs from telephone poles or fences, if permitted, using tape or a staple gun.
- Measure the interior of the space. Use a tape measure or ruler to define the exact square footage. Allow at least 3 feet of margin for opening a car door, whether spacing one or more cars. Leave room on the garage’s back wall and side walls for shelving or cabinets. Allow at least 18 inches of space between a closed garage door and the back bumper of a parked car.
- Utilize part of the wall shelving area for a workbench. Designate 5 or 6 feet of linear space to hold a workbench for repairing small items or doing woodworking. Consider fitting a workbench into an L-shaped corner space of the garage as well. Add cabinets over the counter area to store tools, paint or building materials.
- Plan to use the ceiling area in unique ways. Take advantage of ceiling height that is 9 feet or taller. Use special accessories to create racks for storing lumber or a canoe, for example. Don’t overlook running plumbing pipes through an attic area, if a bathroom will be part of the layout.
- Buy cabinet systems for floor-to-ceiling storage. Plan to give the garage a polished look by buying cabinets in a special color scheme or material. Buy these designer cabinet systems as kits that are assembled on site. Incorporate pre-made cabinets from a home improvement store or recycled cabinets, if the budget is limited. Give recycled cabinets a uniform look by painting them all one color, such as white or gray.
- Add special accessories to the garage layout, if the garage leads directly into a house. Secure a metal hanging rack for coats, for example, near a kitchen entrance door. Install pegs for holding school backpacks or a rack for shoes and boots to create a mudroom as part of the garage.
Credit : www.ehow.com
- Contact the local zoning office for home building projects. Determine the restrictions, building permit requirements and other important details that might affect the garage addition.
- Assess the current garage space available. Determine which areas of the garage function well and which areas need improvement.
- Identify the uses for the garage. Determine the vehicles you wish to park in the garage, including any boats or RVs. Consider storage, workshop space and other uses needed for the garage. Decide if you want to add a second level to the garage for a loft space or apartment.
- Measure the length and width of the current garage. Determine how much additional space you need to accommodate your wish list for the garage. Consider the size of the home, making sure the dimensions of the garage are proportionate to the house.
- Draw a sketch of the current garage and the proposed garage expansion. Pencil in the different functional areas of the garage.
- Plan the electrical needs for the garage. Expanding the garage may require additional electrical sources. Consider if you will add plumbing, heating or cooling to the area.
- Decide on the type of storage for the garage. Consider shelves, a work bench, specialty storage units and overhead storage.
- Choose the exterior details on the garage. Implement the style and design of the home into the garage design for a unified look.
Credit : www.ehow.com